a warm welcome
This is birthing with Guinever, a place dedicated to pregnancy and birth. I hope you can find the answers that you’re looking for about your pregnancy. It is my hope that you will trust labor so you can birth your baby with confidence.
Please look to the sidebar to find your way around this website. You’ll see a listing of the most popular articles as well as the most recent posts. Follow links to find a midwife, doula, childbirth class, or to information about breastfeeding. If you can’t find the information you’re looking for, please ask a question in the comment section anywhere on this website. You can also use the search bar at the top of the page.
read birth stories
- diary of a primipara
- my second labor–a lot quicker than my first
- the labor that kept on stopping–my third birth
- born in our living room-the story of my fourth birth
- 12 days overdue, but who’s counting? the diary and birth story of my fifth baby.
- a (fictional) birth story for Christmas
- giving birth makes her feel feminine
- I don’t know how I could have given birth without a doula
- birthing with polyhydrominos
- a hypnobabies birth
your labor questions answered
- cervical dilation 101: frequently asked questions
- so what do labor contractions feel like anyway?
- what are the stages of labor?
- what does being 2 centimeters dilated mean?
- what does the cervix look like?
- how long does it take to get to 5 centimeters dilated?
- can my baby be too big for my pelvis?
- how long is it ok to push during labor?
- what are the”P’s”of childbirth?
- should I get an epidural?
your pregnancy questions answered
- what can I do to help keep nausea away?
- if I didn’t dilate, am I doomed to failure next time too?
- help, I’m having Braxton hicks, is this ok?
- what books should I read during pregnancy?
- faq about due dates
- what is a doula and should I have one?
- what is the triple screen test and should I get it?
- what books can I read to my children to help prepare them for a new baby?
- lexington, kentucky needs more midwives
- Read a tribute to Beth, a well-loved midwife.
- watch a homebirth advocacy video that addresses the need to legalize certified professional midwives
- my fabulous website header and brochure were designed by Laura at dooalot graphics.
- the belly art pictured in header was done by Amy Rickard, henna artist and birth doula in Lexington, KY and can be reached at mamaroo223 @ gmail.com.
- all photos across this site are my own, are in the public domain, or are otherwise used with permission and credited as necessary. Some photos have been downloaded from SXC, a free stock photo exchange.
- all written content is written and copyright by Guinever Van Campen.
- website is hosted at lunarpages.
- my blogging platform is wordpress using regulus theme by binary moon.
Come and visit again because I’m always adding new articles.
Birthing blessings, Guinever
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:13-14a